Wednesday, 23 April 2014

°~ O-Hanami ~°

Hello everybody !

Here I am, totally late, as habit ^__^' I hope you are enjoying Eastern time !

Some weeks ago, I asked my favourite photographer to celebrate "O-Hanami" with me. We went to the Arboretum de l'Aubonne, where you can see a lot of differents cherry trees. It was also the perfect time to take some Spring photos ! ^__^
It's raining cherry blossoms ! ~

°~ What is Hanami ? ~°


It is an ancient Japanese tradition born at Nara period (710-784). The nobles of the Imperial Court enjoyed the flowers of the Japanese plum (ume). But the cherry blossoms (sakura) gradually replaced them during Heian period (794-1185). In fact, their blossoming announced the rice-planting season and it is said that good spirits (kami) are living inside the trees. People would made offerings to them and drink sake to honor them.

"The Third Month, a Triptych" by Utagawa Toyoharu (known as one of Hiroshige's master).
Edo period, 1801. Collection of Museum of fine arts Boston (source).

Hanami became popular during Edo period (1600-1868) thanks to Emperor Saga who organized festivities with sake and meals under the cherry blossoms.
Because sakura are in bloom only for a week, it became the symbol of the fragility and the beauty of Life.
Nowadays, the Japanese are still looking forward the cherry blossom. After the weather report, there is a "sakura report", so you can follow the blossoming in all the country !
Family, friends and employees will often book a place under the trees to enjoy a picnic, to drink sake, to sing and to be reunited under the perfumed boughs ! It is a very popular and joyful feast to mark the beginning of Spring ! :)
Hanami in Japan =)
Hanami awlays attracted me. I find the symbol of sakura very romantic and I think it is very touching to share a meal with the one you love under the flowers. That's why I wanted to do more : to prepare a cute bentô (lunchbox) for my loved one !

°~ Le menu ~°

  • 2 onigiris (riceballs) : one with salmon and the other grilled with soy sauce.
  • 2 teriyaki chicken skewers : a big classic of the Japanese cuisine !
  • Eggs rolls with gruyère-cheese.
  • Mozzarella-tomatoes skewers
  • A lot of tiny vegetables to pick !
  • Genmacha tea : a typical Japanese green tea with grilled rice.
  • Daifuku with cherry blossom : glutinous rice cake.
  • Sake : of course !
About the dress, I choose a Wa-Lolita ouffit that I receive some weeks ago ! I like the tender green of it, it reminds me of Spring ! Also, there's no other Lolita sub-style more Japanese than Wa-Lolita ! All of those may be too much, but I really wanted to celebrate Hanami in my way. =)

Outfit Rundown

Dress : Fan Plus Friends
Flowers : Claire's
Socks : Bodyline
Shoes : On Taobao
We arrived near noon at the arboretum and we went to see the magnolias first. Some of the flowers were bigger than my hand ! I was impressed ! Of course, it was impossible to go further without taking pictures of those magnificent and ephemeral beauties !
Then, we came across the park to find the cherry blossoms. Surprise ! They are planted on a slope ! But we found a way to install ourself !
The sky was a little bit clouded over, but it wasn't cold. Sometimes, the wind was blowing and the pink petals wouls snow above our sake's cups. A gentle humming was coming above the flowers : some busy workers were avidly collecting their pollen.
After the meal, we did a photoshooting around different varieties of sakura. The Sun even came out at the end ! =)
It was a very special day for me, because my dream to celebrate Hanami came true ! I had a great picnic under the sakura, wearing Wa-Lolita and being  with the person I love the most in the world ! I will preciously keep those memories in my heart =)
Thank you for all you do for me, my dearest photographer !

And you reader : thanks for having a look at my blog ! See you soon !

Pyl ~

8 comments:

  1. Tu es superbe ! Le Wa Lolita se fait rare, parce que c'est un style plutôt dur je pense, mais tu le portes vraiment bien !
    J'ai aussi fêté hanami, mais j'en suis restée au yukata de mon coté uhuh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci beaucoup ! Oui, je pense qu'il est difficile de le porter sans que cela fasse costume/cosplay ou trop exotique (dans mon cas, ça ne se voit pas trop ahah !).
      Oh c'est chouette que tu aies fêté Hanami aussi ! C'est vraiment un moment extraordinaire, à la fois zen et gai :)

      Delete
  2. Tres Jolie *0* J'aime le coord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coordinate is adorable!!!! What a perfect hanami celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seemed like you were in your best element and embrased it with the likings that you have to it. Your smile makes everything look lively & so calming to enjoy the sakura trees and flowers. Though this may be a past post. I enjoyed reading it and seeing how pretty you looked all in it. -Sincerely ❤ C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much ! Sakura are really beautiful ! And wearing Wa-Lolita makes me feel like I'm going back in times !

      Delete